We are thrilled that Francois Morabito, a Michelin starred French chef, has chosen Le Mas & Le Mazet as the base for week-long guided tours of the Dordogne and its culinary delights. Not only will all-inclusive tour showcase the best of this stunning region but Francois will cook for you every night.
the culinary delights of the dordogne
Dordogne’s mouth-watering specialities are based on centuries of respect for high quality produce and simple recipes. Highlights include:
- Visiting Farmer’s Markets which take place every day of the week in different towns.
- Enjoying Limousin Beef, known as the best meat in the world. The quality of Limousin’s tasty, tender, lean and juicy meat is like nothing else.
- Eating Baronet lamb, the best local lamb which has been raised according to strict criteria.
- Tasting Cul Noir Pork (named this way because of the black colour of the pigs’ hindquarters).
- Sampling apples, strawberries, raspberries, chestnuts that are simply divine!
- Enjoying cuisine from what is known as one of the best regions in the world such as Farcidure, a delicious correzian dish, made by mixing grated raw potatoes, cooked mashed potatoes, sorrel, buckwheat, garlic and parsley.
- Enjoying Potée, a dish containing both meat and vegetables cooked in broth made with smoked bacon, salted pork, cabbage, leeks, turnips, carrots and potatoes. It is a healthy, tasty dish with little cholesterol and lots of vitamins.
- Sampling some of the best sweet treats you will ever try, such as Clafoutis – a moist cake speckled with a local variety of black cherries and Madeleines, which started started being produced in Saint-Yrieix in the middle of the 19th century.
- We will visit Frédéric and enjoy food from his farm such as local meats, poultry, and organic vegetables.
- You will enjoy dining out at Régis Restaurant, and enjoy country food, served in generous portions and made with local ingredients and vegetables, all grown in his garden.
- Enjoy time at Sophie’s Restaurant, located inside a former butcher shop tucked away discreetly in an interior courtyard. The space was given a cool bistroand wine shop makeover and celebrates organic, local food and chemical-free wines!
Francois, will also cook every dinner for you and with you (for those who want) incorporating local recipes with seasonal products picked up daily from the local markets and local producers. If you would like to prepare a special dish or have a special request for dinner one evening – we would love to do that for you, so just let us know and we can make it happen.
Seeing the sights of the Dordogne
The guided tour will see you enjoying villages, food and natural wonders as you ascend the dizzy heights to the cliff-top village of Rocamadour, revel in unspoilt nature, visit caves and learn how to tell your stalactites from your stalagmites in Padirac and see evidence of prehistoric times at Lascaux.
You will travel along the Perigord and to the valleys, taste an authentic Foie Gras of duck or goose, as well as cabécou goat’s cheese, confit and walnut cake.
Both Francois and his wife Esther have spent more than 30 years in hospitality both in France and Australia, Francois as a Michelin Star Chef and Esther in luxury accommodation brands. Their combined experience has seen them successfully open and run restaurants and catering businesses in France and Francois has also worked as a Head Chef in several of Perth’s well known restaurants.
- Just 8 places available
- £2,050 per person twin share and £2,450 per person for a single (all inclusive, the only thing you need to arrange is your flight)
- 1 June 2019 to 8 June 2019
- 8 June 2019 to 15 June 2019
Please email Rupert who will put you in touch with Francois and Esther.